The prototyping can be divided into manual prototyping and CNC prototyping:
(1) manual prototyping: mainly done by hand.
(2) CNC Prototyping: It is mainly done by CNC machine tools. According to the different equipment used, it can be divided into Rapid Prototyping (RP) and CNC prototyping.
A: SLA prototyping: Laser rapid prototyping technology.
B: CNC prototyping: mainly machining centers.
The RP compares well with the CNC:
Advantages of the RP hand: speed, mainly through the accumulation of technology, so the RP hand is generally relatively rough, but also have certain requirements on the wall thickness of the product, the wall thickness can’t be too thin.
The advantages of the CNC Prototyping: Accurately reflect the information expressed on the drawings, the surface quality is high, and after finishing the surface spraying and silk screen printing, the products produced after opening the die must be radiant. Therefore, the manufacture of CNC Prototyping has become the mainstream of Prototyping manufacturing.
According to the material, the hand board can be divided into plastic hand board, silicone hand board, metal hand board:
(1) Plastic Prototyping: The raw materials are plastics, mainly hand plates of some plastic products such as televisions, monitors, and telephones.
(2) Silicone Prototyping: The raw material is silicone, which is mainly used to display the shape of product design, such as automobiles, mobile phones, toys, handicrafts, daily necessities.
(3) Metal Prototyping: The raw materials are aluminum-magnesium alloys and other metal materials, which are mainly high-end products such as notebook computers and advanced stand-alone players.